Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lightbridge mount wheels.

kidlands

Nope cant find it! has someone seen a post about adding wheels to the base of LB's or Dobs in general?

I think someone used a plant pot stand mover thingy too.

I need to make my LB a little more kitchen to conservatory to garden friendly.:(

Hiya...I have a meade 12.5 starfinder dob which has two MDF discs with teflon bearings and a large bolt through the middle. I decided to put castors on the bottom because the unit was just too darn heavy. I undid the middle bolt, drilled 4x 12mm holes in the lower disc (making sure they didnt interfere with the bearings), put through castors with brakes with M12 washers, and then on the other side I tightened them against _W0QQitemZ280507382829QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=216573047283&rvr_id=216573047283&cguid=15dddc3612e0a47a26871607fe2c50ee#ht_500wt_922"]12mm prong tee nuts. Once they were tight I used an angle grinder to remove the access length of bolt. Although this worked perfectly for moving the dob mount, I have to admit that although the castors have brakes, because they swivel (in unison), the base does not hold perfectly still during use so I prop the base up on bricks. In the long run I may add screw-down stabilizing feet (similar to those found on washing machines, etc). I hope this helps...

Archived