Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CG5 mount RA slewing problem

stefski

Hi All,

During a brief gap in the perpetual cloud, I thought I'd get the scope out and use it for its intended purpose. After about half an hour, I noticed that the mount wasn't tracking properly. The power was still on, the display hadn't changed on the handset. I then pressed the slewing buttons and found that only 3 out of the four worked:icon_scratch: (the up arrow didn't work). I did the tried and tested, switch it off then on again and it still didn't work. In fact, when trying to autoalign, the mount moved in declination, but not in RA. Also the speed of slew varied.

I've since tried it again and I still have the same problem. The power supply seems fine. I've noticed a faint clicking noise when I press the up key, but nothing else happens. Also if I manually slew the speed is as it should be in the other three directions. If I try using autoalign, the speed varies a lot throughout the slew - which it has never done before!:)

Any ideas, or am I going to have to send it off for repair (it's less than a year old)?....Actually where do I send it?

Cheers for any help.

Stef

It has a 2 year guarantee, so contact the dealer you bought it from. As the handset seems to be the problem you will probably be asked to send that back first.

Alternatively, if you know anyone with a CG5GT you could try their handset in substitution.

RonJ

Archived