Hi

I am looking into software that is planetarium software with the ability to remote control a telescope.

Can people please let me know what software is out there and how good it is in their opinion.

Also if there is software which controls the scope but is not planetarium software as such.

ta

EQMOD for scope control and Cartes du Ceil as the planetarium - a combination that works well! Some folk use Stellarium instead of CdC. Personally I prefer Stellarium to look at when planning a session but CdC is a better "working" system - but that's just my opinion!!

Stellarium does everything I want it to and I haven't felt the need to use any of the other software I have...

I have my netbook with me when observing anyway and use Stellarium as a star map and to help me choose my targets. Scope control worked right out of the box (for me at least) with the right cables and RS232 -> USB driver.

I'd recommend Stellarium very highly as a capable but simple to use piece of software.

Stellarium does everything I want it to and I haven't felt the need to use any of the other software I have...

I have my netbook with me when observing anyway and use Stellarium as a star map and to help me choose my targets. Scope control worked right out of the box (for me at least) with the right cables and RS232 -> USB driver.

I'd recommend Stellarium very highly as a capable but simple to use piece of software.

Stellarium, what a fine piece of software, and it's free :).

Archived