Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron CGEM Dovetail Plates

RobertB

Is the dovetail plate on the CGEM Mount (which is called their CGE dovetail) effectively the same as a Losmandy dovetail, and therefore adaptors should be (for example) Vixen to Losmandy?

I'm guessing the answer is "yes", but I have heard that the dimensions aren't exactly the same, so advice from someone else would be appreciated!

There is actually no exact dimension for "Losmandy" dovetails as they are all slightly different.

The ADM Vixen to Losmandy adapter fitted on my CGE and allowed vixen dovetails to be used. I have since however decided to just fit Losmandy plates on all of my scopes and mounts.

Yes on the cgem its losmandy my scope has a vixen

so like rossco said i had to get a ADM adapter also .

Unless you have multiple mounts with vixen / losmandy, it may be cheaper to just change the vixen dovetail to a Losmandy one to suit your mount!

I have a combination of scopes and mounts.. some have Vixen dovetails and Vixen mounting plates (HEQ5pro/ ED80/ Genesis/ Modded PST/ 6" f3.5) and others have the wider Losmandy dovetail ( NEQ6pro/ 10" Lx/ 8" lx/ C9.25) so I went for the Geoptik dual mounting plate :p which takes both the Vixen and the Losmandy.:)

Archived