Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deep Sky Tracker

Hi Guys

I know we have had a few threads on this bit of software but having mega problems with it so need some help!

Regardless of whatever combination of settings I use in the stacking process, if I try to stack more than three raw files then towards the end of the process my screen locks up and does nothing! Now I have left this running for a couple of hours, I have tried a different computer, (both fast and loads of memory) I have even tried with Tiffs but same result?

So anyone had the same problem? or is there something I may be not doing? Or is there an optimum set of settings to use? How long should a set of 15 files take to stack?

Will post to the user group but I thought I would pick a few brains here first :D

Appreciate any feedback on this.

Cheers

Alan

Daz

Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.60GHz + 1 GB of Ram 40 Gig Hard Drive running XP

Which I thought would plenty big enough to run DSS without the issues I`m having.

Also ran it on another PC of simular spec and same problem?

Cheers

Alan

Alan,

As Daz says I think i'ts a RAM issue...

What System and Windows are you running...Also how much RAM does you system have?

Windows XP needs at least 512 meg and if you're running memory hungry programs such as DSS or Registax then at lest 1 gig.

Greg

Don't think it's physical RAM, as 1GB should be plenty. Check the swap file settings, sorry, virtual memory (Control Panel, System, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory). Make sure its set to system managed.

If not, you can always ZIP the files up and email them to me and I'll check them on mine...

Hi Daz

Thanks for that I will try the virtual memory adjustments .

What I have found is if I set the light frames to stack using the following settings "Bilinear and then set my stacking parameters to Median" then I can stack okay but if I try anything like Bayer Drizzle and Kappa-sigma etc then I get lock up?

Cheers

Alan

Archived