Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn, SharpCap and Registax

Well, I just managed to catch a glimpse of Saturn at 3.30am and went to wake up my wife, She got dressed and came outside to look at Saturn, WOW.

Anyways I decided to use SPC900NC camera on it for first time.

I use SharpCap, Ok I will upload screenshot from the AVI file.

So I followed instruction on Website to use Registax to process the frame, It came out very small just like in the picture, How do I make it bigger? I have seen screenshots of big Saturn.

Any advices please?

Sorry it's 5.11am too tired to search forums, I am going to bed now and will read the replies when I wake up and figure out how to process an image.

So chuffed I saw Saturn after months of waiting.

I have tried following this tutorial from russ.

Registax Tutorial

Still doesn't help me on to stack an image?

saturnw.png

Here is the image after stacking

capture27022011042824.png

saturnw.png

Did you use a barlow when you captured the image?

You'll need at least a X2. A X3 would give you an even better image size...

I used a 2x shorty Orion Barlow and I couldn't even get the Saturn on the Camera, I don't know why. I have scanned and waited with the Red Dot finder and waited for Saturn to pop into the Camera screen but it didn't happen. Does anyone know why?

It's an issue with focus - you'll have to get the scope setup using a close-equiv eyepiece (i'm going to guess 5-6mm) and the barlow - get it focused - then swap in the camera and change the focus to get the image to appear on your computer. Until the focus isn't good enough to have the CCD 'detect' the light you won't see anything. I've been fighting this the past week myself.

It's an issue with focus - you'll have to get the scope setup using a close-equiv eyepiece (i'm going to guess 5-6mm) and the barlow - get it focused - then swap in the camera and change the focus to get the image to appear on your computer. Until the focus isn't good enough to have the CCD 'detect' the light you won't see anything. I've been fighting this the past week myself.

That would be hard as I am using a dob, The Earth moves so fast. Can't I not just use the barlow and try to find Saturn?

I use XT 8" Classic dob btw.

Archived