Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Light No. 9... Balcony

After a two-night break due to cloudy conditions, I am back at the balcony where I managed to observe the following again:

Uranus, tiny star-like greenish blob of light, in heavy atmosphere and light pollution, pretty sure it was it, waiting for my barlow to have another go....

Jupiter, very clear, despite the atmosphere and street lights, STADIUM lights and other LP..Could see the cloud layers clearly, the four moons, with Io getting ready to hide...Still no GRS....Never seen that yet...

Later on M45, Pleiades, the 7 sisters, very beautiful as always.

M42, the nebulosity, quite faint but I could see it.

NGC 1981, had a look at NGC2320 to see the horse...but I am sure it's not for my scope...

I had a look at some bright stars, I presume most of these are giants, at their end of their lives....

Alnitak-Capella-Betelgeuse-Sirius-Rigel-Aldebaran.

M35

NGC2169

NGC1746

M41 (beautiful, this one)

NGC2362

and to end the night at around 00:30, M44 Praesepe....also beautiful...

Can't wait to receive my 32mm EP, my barlow 2x , my LP filter and moon filter...

Another nice night of observing....

My advice to other newbies, Don't let LP kill your desire to view....Even with LP, lots of goodies are up there....Try to have the scope posted up up up, to avoid going through the soup...

After a two-night break due to cloudy conditions, I am back at the balcony where I managed to observe the following again...

You've got a lot of jealous friends over here in the UK.

Nothing but cloud night, after night, after night, after night...

Archived