Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam - Philips SPC 900 NC

Hi from John and Jackie. Steve suggested we try you all for an answer to our problem We just bought a webcam, installed the software and it works indoors. We saved an image of ourselves and replayed it. We thought we'd try and view the AVI frames using Registax 4 but it did not register any AVI frames. Obviously we would use an adapter for connecting to a telescope later but why no AVI frames? Something simple but what?

Could be an alignment problem as Registax might need points or edges to align on. Other than that, have you read the help files with Registax?

Could you be more specific as to what it does and doesn't do as I've never had issues with Registax not working, though it does often fail to align properly if I pick something that has low contrast.

Captain Chaos

I would try to run it through VirtualDub first. Once installed go file open to open the video file. Got to the video menu and check the full processing mode. Then go file, save as avi. This will save as a full uncompressed avi file. It will be big but registax should be able to open it.

Archived