Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Connecting the SynScan to the EQ5 Pro

StarryEyes

I have just purchased an EQ5 Pro mount and started to set it up but the instruction manual doesn't show a diagram for connecting up the cables from the mount to the SynScan unit.

Does anyone have this mount and can tell me the correct way to connect it up?

Thanks

Hi.

On the housing containing the two DIN sockets, connect the DEC OUT to the DEC socket on the motor of the declination axis. Plug the other lead into the remaining DIN socket with the other end connected to the SynScan box.

Thanks very much for that. I now have that connected up but just one more question.

The cable that goes from the SynScan box to the handset has a fuse in it, on the casing of that fuse it says 'To MC Box'. Does this cable have to be connected up a certain way?

If so which way, fuse near the box or fuse near the handset?

Gemma,

As Peter pointed out it's not a fuse. It's there to reduce the risk of interference from other electrical things. It matters not which way round you plug the cable in.

One other tip. Before turning on the synscan, set the mount up so it has the weight bar pointing down in line with the N leg of the tripod, and the scope parallel to the polar scope that runs through the RA axis. This is the home position. If you turn the unit on in any other positions I found that it confuses the thing if you haven't aligned it !

Archived