Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What's the easiest way to photograph the moon

meteoriot

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys, the trial and error time put in took ages, BUT stick with it. the results are worth it. in all honesty, taking pics like the ones i have shown have taken years to get. when i first attempted astro phtography there were no digital cameras, the amount of old style camera film i wasted cost a fortune, NOW with a digital camera the only cost is at the onset, but once bought the rewards are fantastic. never be put off , reach for your dreams, stick to it and one day.........................

If you can download all the frames from the video onto a computer then you can process them in Registax. This will allow you to align and stack all the frames and remove any that aren't particularly good quality.

That way you can get some really nice detailed stills of moon and planets. You can do final processing to adjust colour, brightness, sharpness, etc using a photo package like Photoshop, or download a free one like Gimp. (Registax is free too) :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Are your cameras SLR cameras? If so, get a 2" adapter and attach your SLR direct to your scope. Total cost, £10 to £15.

Here's a shot with a Nikon SLR attached to my 150P.

5449338606_f5b25f9f77_b.jpg

Waxing Gibbous Moon by David B Gregory, on Flickr

Full res version here.

You can also get an adaptor to attach your SLR via your barlow for closer views.

For closer views a web cam will work well.

Archived