NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

spa convention cambridge

hi just wondering has anybody been to one of the society for popular astronomy convention Institute of Astronomy in Cambridge on the 5th of march.

It is about observing the sun with lectures ,tour and trade stands,what i was wondering what is these convention like it sound interesting but i would really like to be able to look at some scopes and maybe buy one so would this be a good place to do it?

cheers dazz:headbang:

I went two years ago (I think it is an event that is run every two yerars) and had a good time. There were stands set up by the various sections of the SPA and plenty of opportunities to discuss observing with the various section directors. There were a few traders last time but not a great selection of scopes as I recall, it was mainly accessories and books that were for sale. Still a good day out though. Hope this helps.

Adrian

Archived