Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello and Help

robbiew1971

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob and welcome to SGL!

Hope you find this site as helpful as I have in the short time that I have been here.

Regarding eyepieces. I bought a Skywatcher SP Plossl 6.3 here a while back and they seem ok for the cheap price. Not quite the 5mm your looking for.

As you get smaller mm eyepieces and more magification you may find it more uncomfortable to look through them because of the smaller eye relief. If you wear glasses this could also be more of a problem.

Have you considered getting a 2x barlow lens? This basically fits in-between the eyepiece and the telescope and doubles the magnification of your eyepieces. So your 10mm will become a 5mm but still have the eye relief of a 10mm.

Only draw back with 2x barlows are that they cut down light.

I'm on the look out at the moment for a good 2x barlow myself and I have been told that TAL 2x barlow are good if your on a tight budget or the best ones are Televue which are quite expensive but get better results (the one I may be going with soon)

It will be good to hear from other more experience member here, but hopefully what I have said with my limited knowledge will help you. :)

Archived