Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads Up: A "Nagler" type expereince for less £'s

I spotted these for sale on Astro Buy and Sell:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=10242

I have used the 20mm, 16mm and 13mm (still have the 20mm and 13mm) and in medium to longer focal length scopes (say F8 and up) they perform really well. I'd highly recommend them at the price being offered here (they cost in excess of £100 when new). In a Cloudy Nights review Tom Trussock compared the 13mm favourably to the 13mm T6 Nagler. I find their light transmission particuarly good - as good if not better than my 24mm Tele Vue Panoptic - honestly !!.

Worth a look if you want to see what the fuss about "space walk" views is all about without shelling out big bucks.

John

These sound like Antares Speers WALERs. They come highly recommended, and I have heard them compared favourably to Naglers, at the price.

I think thay are a different design to the Speers WALERS but offer similar specification. The Speers are really big eyepieces (like 4-5 inches long) wheras the Widescan III's are just a little taller than plossls.

The Speers eyepieces are one of the few eyepieces that are compared favourably to Naglers and are about half as expensive:

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/97.html

They very rarely come up 2nd hand which suggests that people are hanging on to theirs !.

John

Hi Everyone,

I have the 20mm KK Widescan III - I bought one from Paul Comesky a year ago. It is an excellent EP - it is one that I use regularly. It is not quite as good as a Nagler, but frankly, you really have to be nitpicking to notice any difference across 90% of the FOV. I have bought several EPs off Paul over the last few years - he is a good, honest guy to deal with.

Tom

Hi Everyone,

I have the 20mm KK Widescan III - I bought one from Paul Comesky a year ago. It is an excellent EP - it is one that I use regularly. It is not quite as good as a Nagler, but frankly, you really have to be nitpicking to notice any difference across 90% of the FOV. I have bought several EPs off Paul over the last few years - he is a good, honest guy to deal with.

Tom

I bought my 3 Widescans from Paul as well - he must have a stock of them !! - good guy to deal with and prepared to entertain a reasonable offer as well.

John.

Archived