Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best Filter for DSO Visual?

Hi,

Can anyone recomend a good reasonably priced filter for observing DSO's? I live in an area of fairly high LP and I'm using an 8" LX90 with a 1.25" diaganol. I'm led to beleive that a good filter will cut out some of the pollution from sodium lights and enhance faint objects which would be great to get the most from my back garden!

Any help welcome.

Thanks,

John

John

There are a number of filters that can help with LP. Here is a link to the FLO website -

Light Pollution Reduction

In addition as you gain experience and also visit a dark site in the future you may appreciate these filters -

UHC & OIII Visual filters

Finally if you want an article explaining the use of filters for visual use this might be of interest.

The Prairie Astronomer

Hope this helps.

Mark

Hi John

Having the same set up as you I use Astrnomik filter UHC and a O111 visual filters

I am also thinking of a light filter, IMHO I think there the best Lumicon are up there

as well I have got a Lumicon deep sky filter but IMO it is to dark

let us all know what you decide

Doug

Essex

Archived