NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece suggestions?

'scopes arrived a RVO, pick it up saturday, it's an Explorer 250pds.

looking to pick up a few ep's to use with it, any one have any suggestions on what size and make i should be looking to get?

idealy i dont want to be spending a whole lot of money on ep's at the min, around £200 for 3-4 decent ones to compliment the scope.

Thank's

Mark

I asked a similar question when I bought my 200P, and in all honesty it depends what you're using the scope for, what EP's come with the scope and what your personal preference is.

From using my scope with the supplied 10mm and 25mm EP's, i've decided to buy a Baader Hyperion (or equivalent) 17mm to give me an EP between the 10mm and the 25mm. I've also decided to buy a 2" 32mm (or similar size) for widefield viewing.

These, coupled with a 2x Barlow will see me through for a while. Beyond that I will be looking at buying direct replacements for the 10mm and 25mm stock EP's and then expand the collection as my viewing habits progress.

Edit: I cannot comment on any particular brands as me experience with them is very limited, however you do tend to get what you pay for if you stick to the mainstream astro shops.

Have a look at the Baader Hyperions, the average £93 a piece but for two eyepieces + the fine tuning rings (£7) will essentially give you 6 EP's. This solution also keeps you close to your £200 budget

I have a full set and they are excellent

EP's = Baader Planetarium - Baader Hyperion 68 degree eyepiece

FTR = Baader Planetarium - Baader Hyperion Finetuning Ring

Archived