NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meteor capture cam

Hi all

For the last 3 weeks I have been building a meteor cam,that is triggered by any movement.

I have used a watec 902h camera which has a very low lux rating,and also various lenses at presant a 16mm f 1.4.

After lots of tests and false captures i had my 1st meteor last week.

It was a strange one as it left no trail and compaired to the field of view was quite bright.

I have attached a video that is saved in you tube as this gives the best quality .

in the image you can see alderbaran to the bottom of the screen the hyades to the middle and the pliedes to the upper right.

the software i was using to capture this is ufo capture.

the link is

thanks for looking

Ian

Chris.

I have a watec 902h camera with various lenses im experimenting with currently i have a 16mm f 1.4 lens with auto iris this is what i used to capture meteor.

this is mounted in a cctv housing and connected to my video capture on the computer.

What makes it so good is the software,Ufo capture by SonotaCo.com *English*

basicly you can use the free version,or pay for a full version and how it works is that its always buffering and when it detects any movement it then records a few seconds before.the free version works well but is limited to just capture and record.

Ian

Archived