Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter's Moons

StarryEyes

I don't know if this is possible but I think I have just seen one of Jupiter's moons through a pair of Binos.

It appeared to be at about 10/11 o'clock position in relation to Jupiter.

If its not a moon then its probably just a star thats nearby but if it is a moon, oh wow thats cool!

Sounds silly to get so excited over such a little thing I know!

If anyone can clear this up that would be great. I currently dont have anything powerful enough to see it any better.

You should be able to see all jupiter's moons with binoculars if you look carefully and especially when the inner ones are near to elongation (as far as they ever get from the planet). Your bins are almost certainly more powerful and better optically than the scope Galileo was using in 1609 / 1610.

I don't know if this is possible but I think I have just seen one of Jupiter's moons through a pair of Binos.

It appeared to be at about 10/11 o'clock position in relation to Jupiter.

I saw that as well - just the one moon & I ve got 10x50's. Holding the bins perfectly still was a problem tho'. Ive now ordered an adaptor for my tripod.

I looked on stellarium & the other moons where quite close to jupiter, so this may account for only seeing 1 moon + jupiter was next to a streetlamp in my views, so that wouldnt help!!

Archived