Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Do I need a Barlow?

At the moment I just have 26mm and 15mm ep's with my 8" LX90. I was thinking of adding a 7.5mm at some stage and not bothering with a Barlow.

However today I ordered a Phillips SPC 880 webcam and I see that alot of people on here are using a x2 Barlow with it for imaging. Should I then get a Barlow and ditch the 7.5mm as I'll get the same power with the Barlow and the 15mm?

If so how much should I pay/what make should I get as I understand slower scopes are more forgiving of quality?

Thanks,

John

With a 2X barlow you would have: 7.5mm,13mm,15mm and 26mm.

Given this fact...............i'd probably also say go for it. The eye relief on the 13mm with the added 2X would be more comfortable then 7.5mm.

I've never used a webcam so i cant say how that works regarding imaging with but most imagers do use a barlow of some kind to get the magnification.

Regarding the barlow.....................

I can honestly say that the TAL 2x BARLOW is well WORTH the money.

A good barlow should increase the magnification and have no ill effect on quality of image or FOV.

In fact you should not really be aware of the fact that there is a barlow in the scope.

The TAL barlow does this.

I've used kit Barlows before and they darkened the image and blurred it. That was a BAD barlow.

Archived