Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the whole of the moon

hello all

i have a celestron 130, apeture 130 mm, focal lenth 650 mm,f5

now i am looknig to start imaging the moon but if im correct the webcam will be the same as a 6mm ep?.now using focal reducer will i be able to see the whole of the moon. as i did a shot usin a digi camera and could see the whole disc holding the camera to a 10 mm ep. but looking through the 10 mm i could only see 2/3 of the moon. as i like to have the whole thing in the pic imo makes a better pic. but thats just me

thanks in advance star

another way is to make a mosaic image, but a focal reducer will help

A focal reducer might get more of the moon into the field but the resolution suffers. The way to go is a bigger chip (expensive) or mosaicing (takes patience but doesn't cost money).

thank for the replys i havnt even got the hang of polar alignment yet lol. and now mosaics well it will just have to take a number and stand in line.

this hobby is a bit like the nursery rythm there was an old lady who swallowed a fly lol. but im in no rush the stars will be there long after im gone

and thank you for the answers. star

Archived