Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this a star? & Sunset setting

Blackheart

Hi guys

Just been trying out a Baader digital camera bracket and made two interesting observations. The first (on Moon 1) is a small red dot to the bottom right of the moon. This is just outside the moon's shadowed egde and I'm wondering if it's a star. It looks awfully red and tight. What do you think... star or something else, maybe a reflection of some red light on the camera...

Second thing is this... as I was experimenting I tried the sunset setting on the digital camera to see if I could get a better overall exposure. The result has a sepia tint but this shot deffinately shows more detail than any of the others I took. And once you change it to grey scale in Photoshop it looks just like any other shot. I'm sure people have already noticed this but I thought I'd throw it out there all the same...

Beautiful moon tonight. Just ablazu with detail...

Clear skies

BH

post-18662-133877529901_thumb.jpg

post-18662-133877529908_thumb.jpg

The red dot is a "hot" pixel - a camera defect. If you have some processing software it is quite legitimate to remove it. The second Moon is very sharp as you say - you happened to "click" the shutter at a moment of exellent "seeing" when the atmosphere was particularly steady. (That's why folk use webcams to take hundreds of frames so that at least some of them will be useable!).

Well done - good pictures.

ye the star is deff a hot pixal theres programs out there that can remove these, if u took whats called "darks" which are frames at exactly the same time as the "lights" (your moon pics) but with the lens cap on put it in somthing like DSS (deep space stacker) or even put it into paint and just blacken over the spots works a charm :)

fantastic pictures mind really like the sepea one

Archived