NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Televue Eyepieces

I'm new to the whole telescope thing have always loved the subject but never had any equipment until now

My question is I have a Baader Hyperion 5mm and a celestron ultima barlow.

And I'm looking to replace the stock plossl I got with the scope 10mm + 17mm

Was thinking of getting a tv15 and a tv32 mm plossl as they are on sale at the mo

Anyone got any thoughts. I picked them as I thought with the Barlow those 2 would give me a good range

Scope is a f/5 reflector

I can't comment on the 15mm, I have had a 32mm in the past and it is an excellent eyepiece.

I would buy the 32mm, and with the barlow, this will give you a 16mm also. I would use the money you intended to spend on the 15mm and something in the 13mm range. This would give a wide range of eyepieces, 32mm, 16mm, 13mm, 6.5mm, 5mm and 2.5mm, though I would not imagine using the 2.5mm too often.

Hope this helps.

At f5 you really need good optics and that includes a good Barlow. If you are using a stock barlow from Skywatcher or Celestron then putting a well corrected TV eyepiece in it is kinda pointless as the errors will be in the barlow.

The TV plossls are excellent although restricted in the field of view due to their design. The great thing is you will always have resale value in them if you upgrade or change direction to panoptics or naglers later.

Cheers

Archived