Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greek Alphabet

For the occasional Greek letter open Character Map - Start... All Programs... Accessories...System Tools ...Character Map and copy and paste from there to your document.

Looks like the forum is "translating" them back to the "english" equivalents though :(

Seems to do that if you change the font to Greekk ... is you find them in soemthing like Arial your ok...

Ah thats better...

ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ

The easiest way is to go in to word, find the insert symbol option and then find the letter you want, copy it and then paste it in to your text.

like this...β

Or you can use the shortcut key, if you hold down the Alt button and type in 0159 you get this...Ÿ

The short cut key is shown on the insert symbol dialogue box when you access it in word....

does this help any?

pete

inthehills

In Windows, I installed Greek as an additional language and then there is a quick key combination (that I now forget) to switch languages as you type.

In Linux, I use SCIM, and Control-Alt-Up cycles me through the available langs.

Peter, you dropped Π in your list

Thats the way I do it .............I,m also Greek !

For the occasional Greek letter open Character Map - Start... All Programs... Accessories...System Tools ...Character Map and copy and paste from there to your document.

Looks like the forum is "translating" them back to the "english" equivalents though :(

Seems to do that if you change the font to Greekk ... is you find them in soemthing like Arial your ok...

Ah thats better...

ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ

Thank's alot guys thats a big help.

Ah thats better...

ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ

Hi billy in the font I don't have Greek option .

For the unejucated and computer illllitterate like me, just copy the following and paste into a word document.

Fonts Arial, Verdana and Times New Roman all work. Probably lots of others but I haven't tried.

Α α Alpha

Β β Beta

Γ γ Gamma

Δ δ Delta

Ε ε Epsilon

Ζ ζ Zeta

Η η Eta

Θ θ Theta

Ι ι Iota

Κ κ Kappa

Λ λ Lambda

Μ μ Mu