NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Planning?

Astro Imp

If you wish to make specific observations, then planning is almost obligatory. On the other hand, simply panning around the sky can be quite exciting, you can by chance come across something special.

Open clusters, a globular, Nebulous objects.

Don't bank on it though, if such objects are intended targets, you have to plot your way to them. they are rarely found by casual sweeping.:(

Ron.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the predictable weather in the UK and the perfect forcasting the metoffice give I can pick when I want to go out and everything will be clear.

Oh ok, usually I hear from someone 'its looks clearish out there' then I get into action (usually). Every time I have planned in advance and invited others to come and join me the weather has let me down. For me planned events fail, last minute and unexpected moments have yeilded my best viewing experiences.

Archived