SPC900nc Imaging Issues

At the risk of hikacking the thread.

Just to be clear with regards to the flashing and RAW... can we get RAW with just the standard flash from 880 to 900, or would you advise one of the custom firmwares? I was reading that with the custom ones, you need really good seeing/conditions as you have to run at 5fps... so for general newbies and planetary, would it be best to stick with standard?

Leading on from that, I also have a SC3 modded camera that I hope to use for a bit of long exposure work... perhaps this camera would benefit from the custom firmware?

Cheers

Alun

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i thought you said you got it working?

you don't have to convert the avi. it will save in a avi straight from sharpcap and registax will open that right up out the box.

Thats not always the case. On my 64Bit PC it just wont open the AVI no matter what I capture with Wxastrocapture or SharpCap.

On my 32bit machine it works as you suggest. I think i'll try and get a 32bit yuv2 codec for the 64bit PC and see if that works.

When using this software, Sharpcap or wxAstro, does it matter what option you take when connceting to camera..i use Philips SPC flashed to 900, on vista.

Options are 640x480 (YUY2) or (I420)

I chose the 640x480 but unclear on the letter/numbers in brackets, can anyone offer advise/comment or does it simply not matter!!:)

And do these cams record straight into RAW or do you convert from AVI, or do they need further alterations, i thought that would only apply to DSLR's

Shaun

How do you do that? I have Virtualdub but am a bit unsure what I need to do with it. I have tried the Shift F7 example mentioned earlier but still no joy????

Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Once you have the video open in VirtualDub click file -> Export -> Image Sequence. Here you select what format you want the frames/Images to be in and also what to to call them. Hope this helps.

Archived