Scope Arrived (Just)

Well, rather unexpectedly my new / first telescope was delivered today around 6pm, having placed my order with FLO on Monday. The scope has actually beat the Collimator ordered at the same time. FedEx 1 - 0 Royal Mail 1st Class.

I say "Just" in my title as it could have ended up very, very different. I ordered the 200P Dobsonian off FLO, but as they were out of stock they were getting the Importer to ship directly to the customers - nice thinking I thought...

Well, FedEx made a half-arsed attempt at a delivery today by simply leaving it in my neighbours front garden. They didn't attempt to deliver it the extra 5 metres to my door, nor did they put a card through my door or my neighbours door. Not only that, but both of us were in at the time! Anyone could have walked past and just taken what was at that time an expensive garden ornament!

Not assembled it yet - was too annoyed and probably would have messed something up. Think i'll assemble it tomorrow, but since I won't be using it properly for a week or so i'm in no rush.

I'm glad the scope has arrived but the delivery method does seem haphazard to say the least. Have you fed this back to FLO ? - I'm sure they would be concerned and could at least take it up with the Importer / courier to ensure no repeat.

Nice scope choice though - I loved the one I had a while back :)

Well, FedEx made a half-arsed attempt at a delivery today by simply leaving it in my neighbours front garden. They didn't attempt to deliver it the extra 5 metres to my door, nor did they put a card through my door or my neighbours door. Not only that, but both of us were in at the time! Anyone could have walked past and just taken what was at that time an expensive garden ornament!

:):mad:

Plonkers.

Andy.

I'm glad the scope has arrived but the delivery method does seem haphazard to say the least. Have you fed this back to FLO ? - I'm sure they would be concerned and could at least take it up with the Importer / courier to ensure no repeat.

Nice scope choice though - I loved the one I had a while back :)

Gonna drop them a mail tomorrow - but it's really out of their control. FedEx are normally good, but I get the feeling this was the last drop of the day and they were meant to knock off at 6 and were running late.

Delivery companies are fun aren't they?! Although I haven't had this trouble for a long time or with any of my astro gear, I've had it with other stuff a few years ago. Most of the time the incidents are similar to yours in that, even though you're in, they won't ring the door bell, they just go straight to filling out the card or leaving it with a neighbour (or not!). But as you've said FedEx are usually good with their deliveries. Usually its usually the driver being a tad bit lazy. At least it doesn't happen too often.

I had some stuff delivered a few months back. The guy just filled out a form and put it in the letterbox. I was in the kitchen at the time. He didnt ring the doorbell. I found the form telling me i could collect the items the next working day.

I said HELL NO !!!!, the driver is not getting away with this so i emailed the company right then and let rip at them. The driver was back within the hour. He said he rang the doorbell and heard the dog barking. I said that was very strange because the dog wasnt even here when he called............she was miles away having her fur cut.

Your package should have a tracking number from FedEx. Their computers know everywhere it has been and everyone who has touched it in their system. I would use that tracking number to report the errant driver who failed to do his job correctly. Although the consequences to him might be dire, it will also be an opportunity for him to learn that slovenliness is generally unacceptable and especially so in the performance of duties that earn income.

My name is Bob and I have an internet purchasing addiction. (Everyone, say "Hello Bob!" :) ) I mention my frailties by way of explaining that I have developed a certain rapport with both the UPS and FecEx drivers who usually deliver here. I've even taken the opportunity to praise their performance - although I don't know their names - in emails to both organizations. On those rare occasions when I visit the depots, I try to be sure that whomever is in charge at those locations know that I have gotten good service.

If the situation called for complaint, I would be no less loathe to do so, but the rapport is good for me and I hope for them.

2 cents 'Murican and worth at least as much as you paid. :)

Oh! We look forward to a first light report - as soon as the skies clear, that is. ;)

Archived