NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy magazines?

I have just signed up to Astronomy Now having read a single edition. I also tried Sky at Night but preferred the content of AN over the latter. Can't make a valued opinion having read a single edition of each but my money's gotta go somewhere.

Im actually the opposite - I have been a long term subscriber to S@N but resent paying for a cover disk that I dont use. So I bought a copy of AN for comparrison.

After reading through I actually prefer the content and layout of S@N and after doing my sums it dosen't work out much of a saving swapping. I think I am going to stick to S@N.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. You need to read both mags side by side and see which one fits best :)

Astronomy Now, Sky and Telescope, Astronomy, and Sky at Night in that order of preference. Subscriber of all 4. Could only admit to it on this forum!

Wish you were my neighbour

You can also get 5 months of S@N for £5 if you sign up by DD just now. The promo code is JSSKP1. I think it's still valid. Remember to cancel once you have your 5th magazine though, otherwise you renew for 6 more months at £19-odd.

When my husband went to Asda today I told him to see if there were any magazines - he came back with S@N.

Poor thing said he felt like a geek buying it but I reminded him that he married a geek so he needs to get with the programme hehehehehe

Archived