Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skies, plane story.

Lurker

Ok, Here is a wee story that happened last night.

I was in Edinburgh for a couple of days visiting my mum, Last night I arrived back home via easyjet.

The plane took off and it was cloudy on the way up to the air but all the lights was still on and couldn't see outside the plane window.

Before landing, The lights all went off the plane and I had a look outside my window, I was like OH MY GOD, I saw Orion Belt and 3 stars below Visually clear plus I saw alot of smudges and faint smudges plus THOUSANDS OF STARS.

As the plane was turning, The window went further up the Orion Belt, Saw alot of smudges ( Sorry don't know what object they was ). Plus loads of stars. I was so amazed and even hurt my neck cos I was putting my 2 hands on the window covering to see darkness. Amazing to see all the stuff, At this point I was thinking Oh, I wish I had a telescope pointing right outside.

Thats the most stars I have ever seen in my entired life. WoW.

Anyways as the plane was going lower and lower... YEP You guessed right.

Clouds

Clouds

Clouds and more Clouds.

I was like *sighs* where they hell do they come from. We need to sort a lift kind of thing so we can go above clouds and view into space, Wouldn't that be amazing?

As I landed, I got off the plane, First thing I did was look into Skies... YEP Your right again, CLOUDS.

Went into my father in law car, Yep CLOUDS again all the way home... but wow... If you people ever go on a plane make sure its dark/late.

Next time, I get the plane gonna fly night time :) Never had so much enjoyment on a plane before.

I got a plane back from Canada and asked to be put on the left side of the plane so I could look out over Greenland/Iceland direction so I could see any possible aurora. Stupid desk clark must have been imagining the plane from an Air hostess perspective and put me on the right side, boy was I cross, but got some fantastic views of Orion as you say on the South side.

Also plane crew tend to make you pull the windows down at night - why!! It's dark outside, so won't wake any-one up.

Carole

Archived