NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cloudy Aurora

Just typical that on a night that we get hit with a G2 class storm that it would be cloudy.The cloud cleared for about 15 mins but there was still a low band of it to the north so all i managed to get was a green strip of aurora and the surf rolling up the beach.

Definately not a show stopper but more a case of what might have been.Ive seen a few shots from of last nights aurora taken from the Faroes and the aurora was really high in the sky. 15 secs 40mm @ f4 ISO 1600

IMG_2932flickr-1.jpg

hmmm...I'm in NE Scotland and I didn't get my warning email until midnight when I was asleep in bed.

There is a slight chance of a repeat tonight, I'll have a look out for it. We currently have clear blue skys right now, so hopefully that'll last in to the night.

pete

inthehills

We've had so many nights of cold (-46) and clouds that I haven't been outside much. I'm sure there were auroras and maybe one night, the weather will cooperate!

Isabelle :)

Now that is cold!!!! The good thing about temps that low is that they're almost the same in deg F or deg C.

Brilliant pic S5, Yours too John, I'm sure I came across it yesterday in the spaceweather gallery.

The jealousy is so *not* seeping out all of my pores! ;):)

All lenses to the 3rd of March. :)

Archived