Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cold Weather Clothing!

G2EWS

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Michael, I like that flotation suit. It looks really warm, and I think it would assist in scaring critters away too. :)

The best investment for telescopic viewing in the cold is definitely a warm pair of boots. I've pretty much tried them all and nothing kept my feet warm. Even more expensive boots rated for -25C always have a disclaimer that their boots will only keep your feet warm if you're moving and not standing in one place.

But then, about 10 years ago I discovered men's hunting boots that are rubber on the outside and lined on the inside. They're also rated for -25C and they're only $30!

They are ugly as heck and I really do try not to wear them in public, but they beat other more expensive brands by far. Luckily, they are available in boys' sizes for smaller feet.

I have just started using hunting boots and can recommend them. Over the December cold snap I had no problems down to -12C.However other bits of me started to complain.

old_eyes

Archived