Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Focuser help

Hi All,

I've been looking to replace the rather cheap and nasty rack and pinion focuser on my refractor and am struggling to find anything that will fit the 70mm diameter of the OTA. Everything seems to start from 3" which is about 76mm I think. I would like a crayford style focuser and found the following at FLO but think it will be too big for the OTA.

Williams Optics - William Optics Crayford Focuser for Synta Refractors

Any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Many thanks

Simon

I got a crayford focuser for my Carton 60mm from here,

Telescope Accessories

Lovely focuser, well machined, with smooth focus.

Should be pics of it in my photo album.

Cheers,

Andy.

edit: gets great reviews from the guys on atm/classic pages on cloudy nights. Only downside is they are in the US. Postage on mine was $20.

Thanks for the replies,

Those do look very nice Andy, custom made to fit your scope as well! Trouble is, with postage and potential customs charges it will cost more than the scope did in the first place! (this is becomming a habit of mine already though!)

Brantuk, My scope is a Bresser 70mm refractor, just a starter scope but it's actually got a really good lense and i'm slowly modding it with better parts - each one so far has made a huge difference (especially the WO carbon fibre dialectric diagonal)

I figure all the parts I buy for this scope will be useful for my next scope - have a birthday coming up and am still undecided which scope to go for - originally wanted a 8" Dob but don't think it will be any good with the LP in my back garden so thinking along the 5" Mak route now!

Heres to clear skies - not looking too bad at the mo!

Simon

Archived