NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heritage 130p vs Rev. 15x70 Bins + Sturdy Tripod

Sorry for the endless questions I seem to have, but I am almost done. (for now :) )

As the title suggests I would like to discuss the Pros and Cons or general facets of each, and I will update this first post as people respond. Thanks for your time.

Heritage 130p :

• portability (with my planned mod to the base it will all fit in Hand luggage)
    More light capture + More zoooooom
    Variation in views

Revelation 15x70 Bins + Tripod :

• Portability (is dependant on the tripod, ideally fits in hand luggage but not necessary, so Tripod recommendations are welcome too in the £50-60 range)
    My DSLR gets a better tripod :)

Maybe a cheap pair of 10x50's could be worth buying at some point to compliment it.

Does anyone know if the Heritage can handle a 2" eyepiece or would it be too heavy?

Hi again.

The focuser is 1.25" only and is integrated with the front part of the scope so it is not easily replaced.

To illuminate the field of view of a 2" EP you would probably need to replace the secondary as well. Don't know if that is worth the trouble. I would just get something like a Hyperion 24mm which gives you about the maximum FOV. This would give you about 2.33 deg (2 deg 20 arcmin) FOV, which is pretty decent for larger DSOs.

Archived