Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone in Suffolk?

Hi all

I joined my local astro group a few weeks back but, I'm not 100% sure if I'm gonna get what I really need from the group at the moment... I really want to find some 'get up and go' type people who are happy to sieze a clear night and go out and do some observing/imaging in the Suffolk/East Essex/South Norfolk area?

Ideally, if there's anyone into DSO imaging in the area... it'd be a massive help to head out and get some advice when I get my first scope and mount in a few weeks and learn the dark art of polar alignment :-)

Hoping I'm not all alone in this area!!!

Ben

I live near Framlingham in Suffolk which is about 15 miles north of Ipswich. I have been imaging for a while now and wouldn't mind giving you a hand. I don't know where you had in mind for a dark site but I don't want to travel too far.

Steve

Cheers both!

@Steve... thanks for the offer! I have literally just started at this and am investing in some gear in a few weeks time... have been very careful not to 'jump in' :-)

Do you have any sites near you that might work? Or, is your avatar a giveaway that you are lucky enough to have a dark garden :-)

I'm totally open to suggestions, I'm happy to try and find a suitable spot somewhere nearby if it helps?

Maybe if Herishi is happy to drive up too we can both meet up and pick your brains? :-)

Ben

Ben

Yes, I am lucky enough to have a dark garden. "My" village has only about 150 houses and a total of 3 streetlights.

You are more than welcome to come here but I think it as long way for Hereshi to come from Harwich.

As I do all of my imaging/observing from here I don't know of any suitable sites.

Steve

Cheers Steve... that's a very kind offer.

If it's ok, I'll drop you a message once I have my scope and mount and see if you have a spare couple of hours one evening to run through alignment etc with me?

Please don't worry if it's not convenient, I wasn't trying to invite myself to your place and do not want to impose :-)

Will have to see if there's a site between here and Harwich so I can try and meet up with Hereshi too!

Ben

...wow, theres a good few!

Steve... thanks again... I work for myself so am also somewhat flexible on times... guess an afternoon/early evening would be good... see things in the light, then try them in the dark :-)

How does repayment with curry and/or beer sound for your assistance? :-)

Ben

Archived