NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Do I need To Buy A Celestron SCT T Adapter

I have 1.25 T adapter that came with my Rev EP set

am i right about i get a canon t ring attach to camera & then

T adapter & that goes into to the diagonal ;) but with the SCT

Adapter you remove the diagonal whats the difference with taking

images between the two .

Huge...

The 1.25" adaptor is acting as a field stop and will introduce vignetting... whilst these can be handled with flats the fall off can be quite dramatic with the 1.25" adaptor...

It is better to use the SCT-T adaptor as your field stop then becomes the hole in the middle of the SCT port on the Scope ...

By removing the diagonal your also removing a potential source of "movement"...

Peter...

I have to remove the erecting prism/diagonal on my Celestron for my camera to come to focus using t-ring,adapter. I could get an extension tube? but why bother when i can image, just with the prism removed.

Funnily enough (ok its not really funny) but the mount adapter i bought is a Revelation one, while the t-ring is the Canon AF.

I use the standard Celestron T-adapter for SCT, and needed no extension tubes to come to focus. Its quite a cheap piece of kit, which did not show any vignetting with my 35mm SLR (with the focal reducer it did, but that is a limit of the focal reducer). If 35mm film is properly illuminated, a DSLR with APS-C sensor should be fine.

Archived