Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter..... WOW

Mark-mck

ME TOO... I've also just seen Jupiter in the real for the first time, and all four of the main moons as well (I think anyway, Io to the right of the giant, and Europa, Ganymede and Callisto to the left)! Blown my mind, and then my batteries died... The price for having a powered scope I suppose!

The only problem was that I could barely focus without wobbling it out of view, anyone any tips (Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT with standard mount)!

think i might be able to see saturn too, well google sky map says its where i'm looking but i'm not sure. but cant focus on it either as i've the world's wobbliest set up lol. saw all 4 of jupiters moons too.

currentlly trying to find M42 but having a wee bit of trouble!

your probably right, google skymaps tends to throw a tantrum now and then. it took me 10 mins to get it to show jupiter. i'd been looking at it for an hour through my scope so i know where it was, think the gps in my phones playing up.

Archived