Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help choosing a telescope please.

Mark-mck

HI i need help in deciding what scope to buy.

i'm hoping to have a dabble in imagery and have been thinking about the ed80 or the ed100.

i'm a noob to the hobby so dont want to spend an absolute fortune (altho the 2 scopes i've mentioned aint exactly cheap) but at the same time i dont want a scope that i'll be wanting to trade up soon.

so any oppinions on the above mentioned scope's and wheter they would be any good for DSO imagary would be would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

MArk

you can't go wrong with either of these scopes...

I think the ed80 will be more better suited...being lighter & with a focal ratio of f7.5

I'd echo that Nadeem, you can buy the ED80 secondhand for as little as £150 which makes it an absolute bargain for those wanting to dip their toes in the imaging pond.

Tony..

Mark, whilst aperture rules for observing, it's a little different for imaging. The field of view when you're imaging is determined by the focal legnth of the scope. The shorter the focal length, the wider the field of view is.

The ED80 has a focal length of 600mm while the ED120 is 900mm so I'm fortunate enough to be able to choose a scope to fit what object I'd like to image.

Tony..

Archived