Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD - Trailing on the rhs of image

swag72

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I set up the date circles and transit stuff early on - If they were wrong then there'd be a problem with my alignment wouldn't there? As it stands, the 1 star alignment goes pretty much to the correct star straight away.

Ahh, well, now you mention that latitude offset, I think in the end I stuck it with no offset as I could not work out how to do it, or what figure to put in and where and I kept getting conflicting answers from people.

I think you'll have to bite the bullet here and do drift alignment to get your mount accurately aligned. You're imaging at a fairly long focal length and that needs your mount to be pretty accurate to get these long exposures.

FWIW, once you do get your polar alignment nailed down and if you're able to leave the mount where it is then all you need is a decent cover for it to keep the rain off and it'll save you doing it next time.

I use this little program to get my alignment sorted. It's a bit fiddly but once you've sorted it out then it works rather well: Polar Alignment - WCS - Fast and accurate polaralignment for astronomical mounts, using a CCD / webcam and drift alignment .

Tony..

Archived