Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm guessing I'm really missing out!

helloyo53

Browsing through this forum, I've already found a project for myself to do that will take a while to complete. The project is to find Messier objects. I know, not that amazing since everyone does it, but to be hoenst, I've never found a Messier object before!

So my first target, seeing that it is still winter, is to try to find M42. I'm guessing it won't be too hard of a find since I know exactly where to look. I know it sounds silly, but I'm pretty excited to start this project. I love completing things, so completing the Messier catalog would be a great accomplishment (though I'm sure it will take a long time).

Wish me luck. :D

You're starting with the best helloyo! M42 was my first Messier object and after seeing it,.. was completely hooked on finding many others. Good luck on your project and I wish you clear skies!

Isabelle

Thanks. It's supposed to be mostly clear tonight, but the temperature is supposed to be -17C, not including the wind chill. I might go have a quick look tonight. I'm excited. :D

Hello Sarnia,

Good luck from me too.

Three Canadians in a row here.

What kind of telescope do you have?

My telescope is nothing special really. It's a 2.5" National Geographic refractor. I got it a few years ago when I was getting into astronomy using a telescope. It gets the job done, but I am saving up for a better one.

Archived