Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade Deep Sky Imager II (Colour)

soggybongo

Hi guys, i hope i'm in the right place for a little advice.

I'm looking into purchacing a Meade Deep Sky Imager II (Colour) to use with the scope in my sig.

will this combo be any good or am i wasting my money? or is there any other alternative ccd's for around £300 that are better?

cheers all

Within that price range you would get far better results from a DSLR - look for somthing like a 100d or a 350d from Canon. Modified ones sometimes come up for sale second hand - these have had a filter replaced which blocks some of the deep red light, this allows you to capture Ha regions (Nebula's) quicker than a non modified one.

i understand what you are saying but at the moment i still use the 350d for day piccies too so the wife wont let me send it away for the filter replacment. the other downfall to using the dslr is focus without live view. will a ccd give me more options linked to my laptop or pc

You can link a 350d to a laptop (assuming it is running XP and not Vista or Win7) and use something like DSLR Focus to get very close to live view - you take and download an image every second or so.

The CCD's you are looking at will have very small chips and so give a very narrow field of view.

You can link a 350d to a laptop (assuming it is running XP and not Vista or Win7) and use something like DSLR Focus to get very close to live view - you take and download an image every second or so.

The CCD's you are looking at will have very small chips and so give a very narrow field of view.

only got vista mate dam! but got a spare flatscreen tv which i can use with the 350d which might help me focus better.

The wife is smileing thinking she can have the money but little does she know i also need dew heaters too and a few more filters. along with autostar cable and usb adapter.

thanks for clearing this up for me;)

Archived