Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small miracles...

dlp

Sorted - swapped to the SPC900 but couldn't get focus on the SW finderscope. Found that by taking the focus lock ring off and then screwing the lens back on it would screw further down the tube and focus. Thank heaven for small mercies. Now tracking fine with MetaGuide, lovely piece of s/w. Damned clouds are rolling in so I don't expect I'll get any images tonight.

Sorted - swapped to the SPC900 but couldn't get focus on the SW finderscope. Found that by taking the focus lock ring off and then screwing the lens back on it would screw further down the tube and focus.

Could you explain that in a bit more detail please (pictures?) ;-)

I'm thinking about converting the same finder into a finder guider with an SPC900.

No probs. The main lens on the end of the finder unscrews (or rather is screwable to focus) - unscrew this right off, then unscrew the 'stop' ring that was just below it. Screw the lens back on without the ring and it will now be able to screw further down the barrel and enable you to achieve focus. Some people cut the other end of the barrel off to do the same thing. The Spc900 fits in to the barrel after you unscrew the e/p, and the best bet would be to turn a piece of nylon/delrin to fit the nosepiece of the cam and the barrel , afixing with screws.

David

Ask again if I've made anything unclear!

post-21430-13387752085_thumb.jpg

Archived