Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticron Imagic TGA 10x50's wont merge 100%

KarlG

Hi, i have just taken delivery of a very nice pair of Opticron Imagic TGA WP 10x50's. The sharpness is amazing:hello2: But i have 1 problem. During daytime use i can't seem to merge both images. The picture is complete and in line, but i am seeing 2 faint circular arcs through the centre. Now when stargazing it merges it fine, one complete circle. Dont know what the problem could be. :D

Any help would be much appreciated.:evil1:

This is what im getting but the circles are complete with 2 thin lines through the middle. Like a Venn Diagram

http://images.artnet.com/artwork_images%5C112895%5C128090.jpg

I have a pair of these excellent bino's and i've never had this problem!

Possibly you don't have them quite adjusted correctly to suit you, i'm sure there are some guides on this here forum which may help in that respect.

If you can't get them to work as they should maybe think about getting a replacement pair from whereever you bought them from :evil1:

I think these are very nice bino's and am using them all the time to help finding objects while stargazing and in the daytime too :D

Doc

They are brill binos and I also have a pair. No idea why yours are perhaps not working. Have you got the rubber eyecaps pulled back.

Check the eye end of the binos and they have rubber cups which twist up, check they are up.

Next put the binos to your eye and close the eye thats on the eyepiece with the dipoter adjustment. Focus the binos using the central focuser.

Now close the other eye and open the one with the dopter adjustment and adjust the dopter to get the other eye focused ok.

Now look through and squeez the binos together or pull them apart until you get a circular view. It takes a bit of playing about with at first cos you kind of need to train your eye a little.

All should be well - either in daytime or at night. If not its possible the prisms arent aligned well enough in which case send them back - they are excellent binos but theres always the chance you have a busted pair.

I have tried all the adjustments with no luck. I can get a full image, but then when I move the binocs to browse the circles keep appearing an disappearing. Is it okay to move your eyes slightly or do you need to look straight through and just move the binoculars? These are my first binoculars I have owned. So maybe it's just a case of getting used to it and keepig my eyes straight?

How sensitive is the barrel adjustments? Is it a case of it needs to be millimetre perfect?

Thanks

Hi i looked through them again today and managed to merge both barrels by looking at the sky. They work fine at long range over 20meters. But if i use them at short distance at roughly 10meters they focus okay but i can tell slighty where both barrels join.Strange.

I think it may be just me getting used to them. If i spot something at the edge of the FOV i tend to move my eyes rather than the binoculars and thats when the flicker starts. Not sure what happening up close though as they focus fine. :D

KarlG - the minimum close focus on those bins should be 4.5 metres but it sounds like you may have a pair that is not within specification for whatever reason. Best thing to do would be to call Opticron on 01582 726 522 and ask for Stuart or Sarah in the service department. They will help you work out if your bins need to come back to us for tweaking.

Cheers, Pete

Archived