First view of Saturn

I had an early appointment this morning, so got up half an hour earlier than I needed - put scope in garden - made tea - and found Saturn for the first time!

Wow!

Ok so it was small and no colour definition - would a filter help? - but it was Saturn and I saw the rings AND it was my first time AND it looked wonderful - at that time I would have given anything for a larger scope - wouldn't we all - but it was really exciting - Am I right in saying it will be closer later in the year?

Anyway I loved it!

Clear skies all :)

thats super. I remember seeing it through a small refractor years ago and it was fantastic. I have never used a bigger scope (hope to get one soon) but im sure the views are amazing. Its great to see things for yourself, not just on TV docs etc

That to me is the great thing about this hobby (a new one for me) there is so much to see, so much to learn and so much fun to be had... I'm gonna book a campsite for a couple of nights deep in the countryside, and take the scope, the tent and the girlfriend (in that order) for my very own star party... Saturn is one of those delights I am soooooooooo looking forward to seeing!

Archived