Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which diagonal for Synguider ?

philming

Hi all !

So I recently purchased a Synguider from SW. I intend to use it on a SW 80/400 achro refractor on guiding rings.

Since the achro wasn't delivered with a diagonal, I'm using the basic one that I once got with my SW Mak 127. Needless to say it's really cheap. First it isn't dielectric in any way, and second, the tightening screws are getting in the way of the synguider, as they are located very near the edge.

So I'm looking for another, better diagonal.

The best would be to be able to use the M42 threading on the camera, but I just want to make sure it's not a PITA to screw / unscrew when switching from the parafocal EP to the SG...

I'm not looking for something too expensive if possible...

Any help and advice would be welcome !

I would say that it would be a pain to unscrew - I'd be tempted to go for a standard diagonal with 1.25" nosepiece and throat but make sure that the throat has two screws to retain the SynGuider, not just one or you may well introduce additional flexure.

Archived