Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan Problem?

Up to now (4th session) I have been very impressed by the functionality of the Skywatcher Synscan AZ Goto system.

However tonight I hit a problem. After I selected an object from the SAO catalogue, I was "locked" out from the manual direction keys. No matter what I did they didn't work :):) eventually I had to disconnect power and start from scratch.

Tried again and same result.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Has anyone else had this problem :)?

Is there a solution?

12 volt 17 ampere hour rechargeable battery.

All other functions working perfectly.

I left it autotracking Mizar for over an hour and when I came back it was still pretty much in centre of FOV.

Just had it goto Cor Coroli and Algol.

No problem

SynScan AZ-Mode Firmware (Ver.03.07) Release Note

Date: Aug. 10, 2009

===============================================================

1. Improve the initial setup of the system -- The telescope no longer needs to be level and pointed to the North as its initial position in order to accurately perform the star alignment procedure.

2. Fix bug in the SAO catalog: -- Problem: The hand control loses directional controls of the telescope after browsing the SAO catalog or entering a SAO number. Solution: The directional keys are automatically activated after the user exits from the SAO catalog.

Archived