Can I Use A Skywatcher 130p Autotracker With No Batteries

Hi

I have just brought my first telescope a skywatcher 130 p which has a autotracker system(recomended by shop for my budget).I had a quick play with it tonight and the aa batteries died very quickly.I havent got the cash to get a powerpack or lesuire battery at the moment so was wondering if

Generall do AA batteries not last long or is it the cold and if i can use it if the batteries are dead.

Many Thanks

you can also get a plug in mains adapter for £16 ish, this plugs into the mains then you get a cigar adapter lead with the 2.1mm jack plug on the other end, i used to use it on my 130p and it works great, infact i still have it and it isnt being used so if your interested i could supply it with a lead for £9.50 to include p&p then you won`t need to use batteries at all.

if your interested let me know,

cheers

Rob

or maybe try some rechargable batteries from argos they seem to last longer than normal ones. tho not sure how long they will last but they seem to do the trick with the kids toys.once you have the recharger that comes with batterys you could buy xtra and charge them all up before you go stargazing. plus they are light weight and easy to carry

just a thought' star

Archived