EQ3-2 Mount left in shed?

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice. Will I do my EQ 3-2 mount any harm if I leave it in a garden shed all the time. Just thinking about moisture etc.

The actual scope is kept indoors, just no room to leave the mount inside, unless I fold it up everytime I come indoors.

Cheers,

Scott

It should survive OK. Cover it with something like a bicycle cover or a garden chair cover to keep the "wee beasties" off and you should be fine. My own mount lives in the observatory all the time and is uncovered. No problems after nearly two years.

The scope would be OK (apart from spiders!). It also helps actually - you are keeping the scope at ambient temperature so you will not need to allow "cool down time" before observing.

Agreed, Spiders are the enemy! I have heard of them getting into scopes so be very carefull. :)

Alan

Archived