NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Connecting my dSLR to my telescope

Hi.

I should receive my t-ring today for my canon 1000d dslr camera that I ordered last week. I have been told that my scope (the sw st 102) has a direct dslr connection so I'm guessing I can just attach it directly to the scope without the need for a t-adapter; I have also been advised to buy an extension tube so that I can achieve focus correctly, is this true or can I start taking pictures with my current setup!? :)

I would appreciate some advice please before I begin my plunge into the world of astrophotography. lol

Many thanks.

Richard.

I don't know the ST102... but if it has an SLR connection, you'll need the T ring to connect it. With my Konus (ST80) and Celestron 80ED refractors I had to get extention tubes to allow me to get focus. Best bet, once the ring arrives, connect it, and see if you can focus the scope, if not, you'll need a tube.

Ohhh

If you use the 2" extension (which I thank you'll probably need) then you'll also need a means of connecting the T2 camera adaptor to the 2" eyepiece hole.

This can be done with a 2" to T thread adaptor. See FLO's page. This adaptor screws into the T thread of the T2 camera adaptor, the the 2" nosepiece section just slides into the 2" extension on your focuser.....

Archived