Brilliant Experience!

Got my first telescope on Thursday and tonight is the first night I've really had to have a good look with it. After some spectacular views of the Moon me and my 5yrs old step-daughter found Jupiter. I was blown away and she can't wait to get to school tomorrow to tell her teacher what she saw. The fact that she's interested and excited about it had made my day :)

I also didn't realise how much more I could see with my binoculars that with the naked eye. We were transfixed 1/2 hr or more.

Congratulations on such a successful evening! Sharing in the observations does provide that extra bit of joy that makes waiting in the cold etc all worthwhile. I can feel the need to do a small presentation in the school edging its way closer. :):D

Lets hope that the weather next week can provide the both of you with another opportunity to do some observing - it can be addictive!

Clear skies

James

Archived