Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What planet?

As I was driving to work this morning in a North Easterly direction (North Wales to Warrington) I could see what I assume was a planet: I assumed that it was Venus but having had a quick glance on the internet could it have been Jupiter?

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but my first telescope arrives tonight and due to a bit of a mix up with debit cards the book I hoped to have before it arrived, won't be with me 'til tomorrow! :icon_eek:

Sorry,I was travellng East or East North East and looking out of my drivers side window I could see it so yes South East would be right.

Thanks very much it's been bugging me a bit all day.

Can't wait to get home to try my telescope! :icon_eek:

I'm jealous, got to wait till Saturday to pick mine up :icon_eek:

Well, finger crossed it's tonight! I hope I'm not jumping the gun. Although I'll try not to be too disappointed especially if the skies remain as cloudy as they have been. Typical.

Evo, I hope the weather works out for you. Nothing worse than being surrounded by a load of empty cardboard boxes and not being able to use the kit! I expect this has already been mentioned but have you downloaded STELLARIUM - its a FREE program detailing the nights sky and it might give you something to play about with should the rain persist!

James

Evo, I hope the weather works out for you. Nothing worse than being surrounded by a load of empty cardboard boxes and not being able to use the kit! I expect this has already been mentioned but have you downloaded STELLARIUM - its a FREE program detailing the nights sky and it might give you something to play about with should the rain persist!

James

Hi James

Thanks for that, I'll download it now. Telescope hasn't come anyway (nor my book) so it'll defnitely give me something to get my teeth into. Besides it's really cloud tonight so I wouldn't be looking at anything anyway:(

Archived