Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Binoculars

Collyer911

Pop into Liddl and see if they have the Rockwell !0x50's on sale. They're only £14.99 and very good vfm. They're crystal clear if you get a well collimated pair and you can get a refund up to 30 days if you don't like 'em. So nothing to lose :)

If you wanna spend a little more - try the Celestron 15x70's that FLO are selling. They were on offer so give them a call and see if they're still £50. You'll need a tripod but they are very nice :evil6:

What's your scope and what's your budget?

7x50 or 10x50 is normally what I'd recommend. 15x70 is good, but if your scope is a 80mm refractor then I see little point in them. If you want something compact, a good 10x42 roof prism may worth considering. Lets not forget the stabilised bino, but they tend to be expensive.

The Celestron 15x70 is good (I have a clone) but the tripod adapter that comes with it is lousy (the clone comes without). You will need a sturdier (metal) tripod adapter (25 euro or so).

10x50 is the best "free-hand" pair of binoculars for us older guys (5mm exit pupil) 7x50 is great for youngsters. Even if you have an 80mm scope, if it is something like F/9 it will not provide the kind of wide-field views the 15x70 binoculars give. I hope to get a 80mm F/6 APO one of these days, and that little beast can give me 3.76 deg FOV with my Nagler 22, and if I get Nagler 31, it yields a whopping 5.3 deg FOV. I do wonder if I will use my 15x70 after that purchase.

Archived