NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

South Coast Astro - 5th February 2011

russ

An early heads up so everyone can make a date in their diary:

Next planned session will be:

Saturday 5th February with a likely 7pm start. I will be attending Astrofest in the day, so maybe a little delayed arriving on site.

If the weather is poor, this will be our reserve date:

Saturday 12th February

Venue will be Turf Hill, New Forest. For more details PM me.

There could be a slight change in plans. So many of our members have said they have things going on for the 5th that we have decided to move the observing night to the 12th February instead. This will ensure we have the most members possible attending.

Many apologies to those that have made a space in their diaries for the 5th. Although if it's clear on the 5th, we'll almost certainly still go up unofficially. :icon_eek:

hmm i have made a rather big blunder with the dates for next month. :icon_eek:

The 5th is fine, the moon is only a few days old, just a thin sliver and setting pretty quickly. But why i thought the 12th would be good i'll never know....doh! Moon is first quarter by the 12th and that's not good for a dark sky night. :D

So many apologies to all those that earmarked the 12th.....i've completely hashed up. The better dates are:

29th January 2011

5th February 2011

I will break this news in the group and decide if Jan 29th becomes our main date.

Many apologies to all those that have marked their calender.

Archived